Important News & Upcoming Events
- Evening with the Red Sox auction to feature luxury trips and premium experiences; Red Sox radio announcer Joe Castiglione will serve as emcee
FORT MYERS, Fla. (Feb. 4, 2015) – The 10th Annual Evening with the Red Sox dinner and auction will offer a unique list of silent and live auction items this year including exciting trips to major cities, sports memorabilia packages, theme park passes, golf outings and more.
- Red Sox Corporate Executive Chef to create menu for annual Evening with the Red Sox; Event benefits the Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County
FORT MYERS, Fla. (Jan. 13, 2015) – Boston Red Sox Corporate Executive Chef Ron Abell will leave Fenway and head to Southwest Florida, as he leads the Aramark team in creating and preparing a new menu for this year’s 10th annual Evening with the Red Sox dinner and auction event.
- Fourth annual Batting Practice with the Twins to support local youth; All proceeds will support to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County
FORT MYERS, Fla. (Jan. 13, 2015) – In partnership with the Minnesota Twins and Shoeless Joe's Sports Café, the Crowne Plaza at the Bell Tower Shops in Fort Myers will be sponsoring the fourth annual Batting Practice with the Twins.
|Mission Statement: to enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Since 1974 the Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County has helped strengthen the community by providing a safe, positive, constructive place for youth. The Clubs offer young people a wide variety of educational, recreational, cultural, and social programs. We seek to enrich the lives of the youth we serve and foster opportunities for personal growth and achievement.
The Boys & Girls Clubs is an afterschool and summer enrichment program for boys and girls 6 to 18 years old. We operate 7 sites throughout Lee County and serve over 1,700 youth a year. These youth rely on the Clubs and the staff to guide them through their adolescents and provide the structure for successful adult lives. Many of these youth live at or below the poverty line and in many instances are being raised by a single parent. Though they face many obstacles the Club is a constant positive in their lives. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County is committed to helping those who need us the most BE GREAT!
These statistics reflect the results of the Florida Tax Watch Research Institute and internal studies of Boys & Girls Clubs of Lee County youth members. They demonstrate the positive impact Boys & Girls Clubs programs have on the youth we serve.
- Learning gains in reading and mathematics for Club members was greater than that of their peer student population
- The dropout rate for Club members was lower than that of their peer student population
- Club members had a lower rate of absenteeism at all grade levels and significantly lower rates of serious criminal offenses
- 91% of Club members maintained or improved their overall grade point average in school
- 86% of Club members gain knowledge of nutrition and healthy living habits